Goodbye to a very special lady.

At the end of February we knew the end was coming for my Great Grandma. On hearing the news we changed our wedding plans from a spontaneous elopement to a sweet Sunday morning in her garden, and I wouldn't have it any other way.


We had only our immediate families with us as we said our I do's, in special tribute to two beautiful women in our lives - my Great Grandma and Miss Eva Mitchell. 

Our vows, as written by us.

Our day was a modest one - very little money was spent, decorations were homemade, and our 'reception' was a mere picnic in the backyard with loved ones around us. But it was perfect - we said our goodbyes to my Great Grandma, and we prayed for a cure for Eva. 

Great Grandma holding one of our prayer balloons for Eva.

Five months on and we're all so surprised that she held on this long. I sit here writing this with her ring on my wedding finger, a single candle burning, and photographic reminders of our perfect day. I'm sending my final goodbyes heavenward. 



Eva darling, you just keep fighting. 

The first day I met this little poppet. 
Life hasn't been the same since.

Comments

Popular Posts