truth.

It's time to expose a little truth. It hit me recently, when someone mentioned, "I love seeing all your Facebook posts, your life is so happy and so perfect," that I only share the parts of my life that exude joy and happiness. While I'm a strong believer that Facebook is no place to air your dirty laundry, I didn't stop to consider the fact that I'm sharing an idealised version of what my days are like.

Honesty is one of my biggest values in life, so let's just clear the air: my life is nowhere near perfect; there are days that I experience so much anguish and so much pain that I am crippled in fear.
I fear.
I cry.
I fight.
I hurt... Mostly because I love too much.
I care too much.
I curse.
I work too much.
I do wrong towards others, and have others wrong me. Often.
I don't get enough sleep.
I take on the insurmountable, and my heart breaks a little more every time that I fall.
I keep feelings that should be shared a secret.
I forget myself in a sea of thinking of others.
I fail. Often.

There are days where the thought of facing the world is too much to bear. And on these days, there are a few thoughts from one very wise woman that keep me going...
"People who need help sometimes look a lot like people who don't need help."

"You are not a mess, you are a feeling person in a messy world."

"Love is not warm and fuzzy or sweet and sticky. Real love is as tough as nails. It's having your heart ripped out, putting it back together again, and the next day offering it back to the same world that just tore it up."
- Glennon Doyle Melton

I have love. WE have love. And while loving can be the most hurtful thing we will ever do, love can save us all 

Comments

Popular Posts