Love Wins.

There are days that I wake up, and all I want to do is write. I open up a blank page and I wait for the words to come. Some days they come quickly, and some days they don't come at all. Some days I share them with you all, others I file them away for a rainy day, and some days I crumple them up and throw them dramatically in the bin.

This morning I woke up feeling completely buried in exhaustion: physically, mentally and spiritually. So I did what is, for me, the unthinkable....I called in sick. This is coming from someone who battles through colds until they become lung infections, who goes to work when they're barely conscious, and who just doesn't know how to stop and rest.

So here I am, bundled up in my bed at midday... air conditioning on, coffee in hand, washing in the machine, movie on the screen, wearing my husbands jumper, bowl of popcorn next to me, blank page open... and the words are just not coming.

How does one describe the exhaustion that cripples your mind, your body and your soul? How does one describe the feelings of listlessness, while also being completely bombarded with intense feelings of love, compassion and wonder? How does one explain what is on their mind, when they aren't even sure of that themselves?

One doesn't.

One reminisces over all the times that love has won. Over every time their heart has almost exploded with joy to see love right in front of them, to feel love all around them.

Love wins.. It hurts, it heals, it forgives. But above all, love wins. Always.

"I have found the paradox that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love." - Mother Teresa


Comments

Popular Posts