A Message Amidst the Madness.

I have sat in front of this screen for the past 1 hour and 23 minutes, waiting for the words to come. I want to say something, but what can I say when the city I love more than any other place on this Earth is in tragedy? As I sit in the dark, with just one lit candle beside me, and the deafening sound of silence beyond my window, amongst the threatening booms of an oncoming thunderstorm, I'm praying so fiercely for my city.

Monday, August 17th 2015: the day that Beautiful Bangkok was bombed, in an area I frequently visit. My beautiful home, filled with beautiful people, set never to be the same again.


Back in New Zealand is a certain wee someone who is taking the world by storm. She teaches us all that life is a precious gift; that tomorrow is promised to nobody, and that we need to live today by loving others. Tonight, Bangkok heard your message, Eva darling.

Photo credit: Tiff Mitchell  [Little Miss Eva Mitchell]

If you do just one thing tonight, do something for Eva. Tell someone how much you love them - don't let them fall asleep without knowing that they make this world a better place, just by being in it.

And to those I cherish - let this be a reminder to you all of how much I love and adore you, and how much this world needs your presence, your light, and your love.


Please, #prayforbangkok.

Comments

Popular Posts