Hello 2014.

"Out with the old, in with the new." No thank you, not this year. 2013 was the best year yet, and I'm not bidding good riddance to that one, I am using it as a stepping stone to the next 365 days in the hopes that they will be just as amazing.  

Oh, 2013. You're my favourite. My entire life was reshaped in your presence. I married God's most perfect creation. I left the safety confines of my beautiful home country and honeymooned across Southeast Asia for 6 months. I settled into a new life in Thailand, with my new husband, taking a gigantic and new step forward in my career. I gained new life experiences, made the most wonderful new friends, and most significantly, I was blessed with a new outlook on life. 

I learnt some hugely valuable lessons in 2013 that were both life-changing and enriching, and I intend to carry them through into 2014 with me.
- give freely of what you have
- just when you think you can't love someone anymore than you already do, you will wake up the next day finding something new to love about them
- this too shall pass
- there's always a chance to give a little bit more
- smiles change lives
- a clearer understanding around what faith and acceptance look like

2013 was all about newness. 

2014 is all about kindness. Kindness towards others, and kindness towards myself. Come at me baby. 

Love. 

Children. 

Happiness.

Favourite.

"Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile." - Mother Teresa

Comments

  1. I hope 2014 is every bit as awesome as you hope it will be, Sam! Much love to you xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lovely - right back at you and your family. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts