A few home truths: a tribute to Cambodia.


Traveling Cambodia has truly changed who I am; I view the world so much differently now. I am much less judgmental - of both others and myself, I take more joy in the small things, and I have been reminded that once you hit rock bottom, the only way out is up.


I guess you could say that in the last few months I have learnt a few home truths. 

- there is always a much bigger picture, nothing is as small as it seems.

- my problems, although they feel significant, are nothing compared to what others go through each day just to survive.

- life really is best taken just one day at a time.

- as much as my heart so desperately wants to, I can't change the world in one day.

- spontaneity is a wonderful thing.

- there is good in the world. There really is.

- a simple smile can change the course of ones day.

- some things are best experienced rather than photographed. 

- unfortunately there is always someone worse off than you. 

- there is so much we have to be grateful for - make gratitude a daily priority.

- as a special someone constantly reminds me, life truly is a precious gift. 

- a day spent in service to others is a day well spent. 

- home is where the heart is. It doesn't matter where in the world you are, if you are with someone who your heart belongs to, you feel the securities of being 'at home'.

- and lastly, all you need is love. Really. If you have love, you have everything. 

I left a piece of my heart there, and will definitely be heading back. Watch this space.

"The most terrible poverty is loneliness and the feeling of being unloved."
- Mother Teresa

Comments

Popular Posts